A beautiful leather sectional sofa will be the highlight of your new downtown condo. It’s long been a misconception that a sectional has to be one of those enormous L-shaped pieces that would occupy most of a mansion’s living room. They vary in size and number of pieces in order to fit around your living space. They suggest quality and contemporary style, and will add an atmosphere of elegance to your modern home.They will enhance any room, and they are extremely versatile because they can be separated or combined in a variety of ways, fitting your floor plan. This allows your room to be fluid and functional at the same time.
When shopping for your sectional, you’ll find there are many variations of leather, such as full grain, which is genuine and may have original markings; buffed or suede; Nubuck, which is durable and buffed;and perforated or embossed. The difference between the two former options is that the perforated type has many tiny holes in it made with a die tool, while the embossed style adds a unique design. These are the five most popular, but all types of natural leather are stunning features to include in your home. You can find all of these styles at Toronto furniture stores like The Chesterfield Shop.
Leather that has an added finish or enhancing effect would be better for households with children because spills are easily wiped off. An aniline leather has no protective finish, so it is more susceptible to stains and fading. However, follow these basic care and maintenance techniques and your piece will last for years to come. It’s not difficult to find sectional sofas designed for condo living that will be long-lasting and gorgeous.
Care and Maintenance
The basic care for your new sectional is simple, and, if routinely performed, it will ensure that this significant piece of furniture will last almost forever.
1) Simply wipe the surface with a clean, cotton cloth to remove dust and keep it looking sharp as often as needed.
2) Vacuum dust and debris weekly: it is best to use the vacuum attachment that can reach deep into cracks and cushions.
3) Every six months, use a professional conditioner to keep it from drying out and developing cracks. Regularly conditioning your sofa will add luster throughout the years.
4) Wipe up spills immediately with a dry cloth as this will prevent stains.
5) Never use excessive soap and water to try to remove a stain because this could make the stain worse.
6) Avoid using detergents, solvents, ammonia, bleach or any all-purpose cleaning sprays. Instead, stick with cleaners and conditioners made for leather.
7) Because leather is a natural animal skin, it can easily develop scratches whether by human contact or because it is dried out. Keeping it conditioned will prevent this, but when scratches do occur, simply buff gently with a microfiber cloth until they disappear. For more care and maintenance tips, ask for advice from a professional at a retailer like The Chesterfield Shop.
Now that you have some valuable information on your new sectional sofa, go shopping with confidence for your stylish, contemporary furniture.